Standalone ElasticSearch Cluster
This is a standalone ElasticSearch cluster
juju quickstart bundle:elasticsearch/cluster
- 1 Node for ElasticSearch (with at least 4 cores and 16GB of RAM)
- 1 Node for Kibana (Web UI)
ElasticSearch is clever in that is designed to be horizontally scalable. You
juju add-unit elasticsearch to scale out and it will handle the rest,
there is no need to manually administer it.
To horizontally scale just add unit:
juju add-unit elasticsearch # Add one more unit juju add-unit -n5 elasticsearch # Add 5 more units
And so on.
demo.sh file can be run on your machine. This
demo.sh file does a few things:
- Seeds ElasticSearch with the works of William Shakespeare
- Installs the
paramedicGUI admin panels for ElasticSearch
- Copy a preconfigured Kibana dashboard over the default one.
Ensuring it's working
Ensure the cluster is healthy:
juju run --unit elasticsearch/0 "curl http://localhost:9200/_cat/health?v"
Expose and get the public address of any one of the ES nodes and kibana:
juju expose elasticsearch juju status elasticsearch juju expose kibana juju status kibana
Then check the following URLs, substituting the proper IP address:
- ElasticSearch: http://elasticsearch_ip:9200/
- Kibana: http://kibana_ip/
- Bigdesk: http://elasticsearch_ip:9200/_plugin/bigdesk/
- Paramedic: http://elasticsearch_ip:9200/_plugin/paramedic/index.html
The Kibana web UI allows you to run arbritrary SQL commands to the data in
ElasticSearch, so feel free to search for anything Shakespeare related to see
the cluster working.