Neutron is a virtual network service for OpenStack, and a part of
Netstack. Neutron provides an API to dynamically request and configure
virtual networks. PLUMgrid is a plugin in Neutron, which takes over
networking in the OpenStack environment.
PLUMgrid Neutron Plugin enables PLUMgrid Open Networking Suite, which is
a secure, comprehensive and open software solution that delivers terabits
of performance and scales across tens of thousands of workloads.
The product suite provides highly automated workflows that significantly
reduce the deployment time of OpenStack clouds, enables users to create
private Virtual Domains™ for their projects and is compatible with the
leading OpenStack distributions.
- openstack ›
About the PLUMgrid Platform
The PLUMgrid Platform is a software-only solution that provides a rich set of distributed network functions such as routers, switches, NAT, IPAM, DHCP, and it also supports security policies, end-to-end encryption, and third party Layer 4-7 service insertion.
This charm enables PLUMgrid Neutron plugin in an OpenStack environment.
Once deployed, the charm enables the necessary actions in the neutron-server container that allows the PLUMgrid plugin to take over networking for the OpenStack environment.
It is a subordinate charm to neutron-api charm.
Instructions on using the charm:
juju deploy neutron-api juju deploy neutron-api-plumgrid juju add-relation neutron-api neutron-api-plumgrid
To enable PLUMgrid in neutron make the configuration in the neutron-api charm as specified in the configuration section below.
Known Limitations and Issues
The charm currently only supports Kilo Openstack Release.
neutron-api-plumgrid: install_sources: 'ppa:plumgrid-team/stable' install_keys: 'null' enable-metadata: False neutron-api: neutron-plugin: "plumgrid" plumgrid-virtual-ip: "192.168.100.250"
Provide the source repo path for PLUMgrid Debs in 'install_sources' and the corresponding keys in 'install_keys'
The "neutron-plugin" config parameter is required to be "plumgrid" in the neutron-api charm to enable PLUMgrid.
Also the virtual IP on which PLUMgrid Console is going to be accessible should be specified in the "plumgrid-virtual-ip" config parameter.
Bilal Baqar firstname.lastname@example.org
- (string) Provide the version of networking-plumgrid package that needs to be installed
- (string) Provide the respective keys of the install sources
- (boolean) Set as True to enable metadata support
- (string) Provide the install source from where to install the PLUMgrid debs
- (string) Password of the L2 gateway
- (string) Keystone project domain name
- (string) Username of the L2 gateway
- (string) Keystone user domain name
- (string) Provide the build version of PLUMgrid packages that needs to be installed
- (string) Type of connector to be used. Supported types are 'distributed' and 'service'
- (boolean) If True neutron-api charm will install neutron packages for the plugin configured. Also needs to be set in neutron-api charm
- (string) Name of the supported hardware vendor
- (string) Proxy address to install python modules behind a proxy