Nuage VRS provides a highly flexible, high performance, secure network
virtualization solution for data centers.
This charm is used to configure VRS service inside a NOVA Compute Node and controlled by Nuage VSC/VSD.
The principle use of this charm is with the nova-compute charm as a subordinate and used within an OpenStack deployment .
This charm should be used with other principle charms to install and configure
the service units as Transport Nodes within a Nuage controller cluster.
NOTE: this charm relies on binaries that are distributed to customers of Nuage Networks VSP solution.
The VRS repositories are as an URL (http/ppa) by Nuage Networks to customers to download and deploy using Juju deployer..
The charm expects to find deb's; if they are missing the install hook will error out.
juju deploy nuage-vrs
juju add-relation nuage-vrs nova-compute
juju add-relation nuage-vrs nuage-vsc
Note that the nuage-vsc relation is optional if the nuage services are not deployed using JUJU chanrms.
Below Configuration are must for Nuage-VRS deployment:
description: Nuage VRS repository containing Debian packages.This is must for installing vrs-packages
Note : You must give this configuration as your deployment will fail is this parameter is not provided.
This will have all the vrs-packages as debians.
- (string) Optional Standby VRS controller to use ( this is for redundant VSCs). This is mainly used when your Nuage-VSC is not deployed via JUJU, then you can mention your Standby VSC IP. When Nuage-VSC is being deployed via juju charm and then configuration is optional as vsc-controller-standby ip is being retrieved form relation-get and it will override this vsc-controller-active config value
- (string) This parameter is used to set the username when relation is established between nuage-vrs and keystone.
- (string) List of packages to install for VRS. This is Optional as we already have all of them as default value.
- nuage-metadata-agent nuage-openvswitch-common nuage-openvswitch-datapath-dkms nuage-python-openvswitch nuage-openvswitch-switch
- (boolean) Enable Metadata Agents. This is useful for deployments which do not include a neutron-gateway (do not require l3, lbaas or vpnaas services) and should only be used in-conjunction with flat or VLAN provider networks configurations.
- (string) Nuage VRS repository containing Debian packages.This is must for installing vrs-packages
- (string) Active VRS controller to use. This is mainly used when your Nuage-VSC is not deployed via JUJU, then you can mention your Active VSC IP. When Nuage-VSC is being deployed via juju charm and then configuration is optional as vsc-controller-active ip is being retrieved form relation-get and it will override this vsc-controller-active config value.
- (string) Optional KEY to Nuage VRS PPA containing Debian packages.