Nicira NVP provides a highly flexible, high performance, secure network
virtualization solution for data centers.
This charm is used to configure a principle service as a transport node
in a NVP cluster. This includes installing and configuring OpenvSwitch
to be controlled by the NVP cluster.
NVP transport node
This charm should be used with other principle charms to install and configure
the service units as Transport Nodes within a VMware Nicira NVP cluster.
The principle use of this charm is with the nova-compute and quantum-gateway
charms used within an OpenStack deployment.
NOTE: this charm relies on binaries that are distributed to customers of
VMware who have purchased Nicira NVP.
Note that NVP requires use of very specific versions of OpenvSwitch; these
are provided as deb files in a tar.gz provided by Nicira/VMware.
This bundle must be extracted in the 'payload' folder within the charm prior
to deployment. The charm expects to find deb's; if they are missing the
install hook will error out.
The charm will extract the bundle and install any deb files found.
You must also provide an IP address for at least one NVP cluster controller
and the UUID of the transport zone which the transport node will be
connected to in addition to the username and password to use when
communicating with NVP.
The method of connecting the transport node to the NVP transport zone can also
be provided; by default the charm with use 'STTConnector' - the full list of
Multiple connectors can be configured; the list is space delimited.
The integration OpenvSwitch bridge to create and configure for use can also be
specified; by default this is 'br-int' but can be configured on first use.
nvp-transport-node: cluster-controllers: "10.5.20.33 10.5.21.33" username: myusername password: mypassword tz-uuid: 89767989-4659-4ef1-90a5-8ebbbdabbe17 tz-connector-types: "STTConnector GREConnector" integration-bridge: br-int
- (string) Username to use when communicating with NVP controller.
- (string) List of packages to install for NVP.
- openvswitch-datapath-dkms openvswitch-switch nicira-ovs-hypervisor-node
- (string) Optional URL to NSX OpenvSwitch tarball containing Debian packages.
- (string) UUID of NVP transport zone to connect node to.
- (string) Name of the OpenvSwitch integration bridge to use with NVP.
- (string) NVP connector types to configure connections from node to transport zone.
- (string) Space delimited list of NVP controllers to use.
- (string) Password to use when communicating with NVP contoller.