A PLUMgrid Edge is an OpenStack compute node running IO Visor. IO Visor
provides the data plane and network connectivity for OpenStack tenant
instances. Communication between instances on compute nodes is enabled
by creation of VXLAN based overlay tunnels and networks.
- openstack ›
About the PLUMgrid Platform
The PLUMgrid Platform is a software-only solution that provides a rich set of distributed network functions such as routers, switches, NAT, IPAM, DHCP, and it also supports security policies, end-to-end encryption, and third party Layer 4-7 service insertion.
This charm is responsible for configuring a Compute node as a PLUMgrid Edge.
Once deployed, the charm configures the IO Visor kernel module as a PLUMgrid Edge. The charm also triggers the services essential for a PLUMgrid Edge.
It is a subordinate charm to nova-compute.
Instructions on using the charm:
juju deploy neutron-api juju deploy neutron-api-plumgrid juju deploy plumgrid-director juju deploy nova-compute juju deploy plumgrid-edge juju add-relation neutron-api neutron-api-plumgrid juju add-relation plumgrid-director plumgrid-edge juju add-relation nova-compute plumgrid-edge juju add-relation neutron-api-plumgrid plumgrid-edge
For plumgrid-edge to work make the configuration in the neutron-api, neutron-api-plumgrid and plumgrid-director charms as specified in the configuration section below.
Known Limitations and Issues
This is an early access version of the PLUMgrid Edge charm and it is not meant for production deployments. The charm currently only supports Kilo Openstack Release.
plumgrid-edge: install_sources: 'ppa:plumgrid-team/stable' install_keys: 'null' plumgrid-director: plumgrid-virtual-ip: "192.168.100.250" install_sources: 'ppa:plumgrid-team/stable' install_keys: 'null' neutron-api-plumgrid: install_sources: 'ppa:plumgrid-team/stable' install_keys: 'null' enable-metadata: True neutron-api: neutron-plugin: "plumgrid" plumgrid-virtual-ip: "192.168.100.250"
Provide the source repo path for PLUMgrid Debs in 'install_sources' and the corresponding keys in 'install_keys'.
The virtual IP passed on in the neutron-api charm has to be same as the one passed in the plumgrid-director charm.
- (string) Provide the build version of iovisor package that needs to be installed
- (string) The MTU size for interfaces managed by director.
- (string) The interface connected to PLUMgrid Managment network.
- (string) Public SSH key of PLUMgrid LCM which is running PG-Tools
- (string) Provide the install source from where to install the PLUMgrid debs
- (string) Provide the build version of PLUMgrid packages that needs to be installed
- (string) Provide the respective keys of the install sources
- (string) Interfaces that will provide fabric connectivity on the director nodes. Provided in form of json in a string. Default value is MANAGEMENT which will configure the management interface as the fabric interface on each director.
- (string) Provide a key to be used as the metadata shared key