OpenContrail is a network virtualization solution that provides an overlay
virtual-network to virtual-machines, containers or network namespaces.
This charm provides the control node component.
- openstack ›
OpenContrail (www.opencontrail.org) is a fully featured Software Defined
Networking (SDN) solution for private clouds. It supports high performance
isolated tenant networks without requiring external hardware support. It
provides a Neutron plugin to integrate with OpenStack.
This charm is designed to be used in conjunction with the rest of the OpenStack
related charms in the charm store to virtualize the network that Nova Compute
instances plug into.
This charm provides the control node component which contains the
Only OpenStack Icehouse or newer is supported.
Contrail Configuration and Keystone are prerequisite services to deploy.
Once ready, deploy and relate as follows:
juju deploy contrail-control juju add-relation contrail-control:contrail-api contrail-configuration:contrail-api juju add-relation contrail-control:contrail-discovery contrail-configuration:contrail-discovery juju add-relation contrail-control:contrail-ifmap contrail-configuration:contrail-ifmap juju add-relation contrail-control keystone
The version of OpenContrail installed when deploying can be changed using the
'install-sources' option. This is a multilined value that may refer to PPAs or
The version of dependent OpenStack components installed when deploying can be
changed using the 'openstack-origin' option. When deploying to different
OpenStack versions, openstack-origin needs to be set across all OpenStack and
OpenContrail charms where available.
High Availability (HA)
Multiple units of this charm can be deployed to support HA deployments:
juju add-unit contrail-control
- (string) Package sources for install
- - "ppa:opencontrail/ppa" - "ppa:opencontrail/r2.20"
- (string) The IP address and netmask of the control network (e.g. 192.168.0.0/24). This network will be used for Contrail endpoints. If not specified, default network will be used.
- (string) Apt keys for package install sources
- (string) Repository from which to install. May be one of the following: distro (default), ppa:somecustom/ppa, a deb url sources entry, or a supported Cloud Archive release pocket. . Supported Cloud Archive sources include: cloud:precise-folsom, cloud:precise-folsom/updates, cloud:precise-folsom/staging, cloud:precise-folsom/proposed.