Cloud controller node for Openstack nova. Contains nova-schedule,
nova-api, nova-network and nova-objectstore.
- openstack ›
Cloud controller node for Openstack nova. Contains nova-schedule, nova-api, nova-network and nova-objectstore.
The neutron-api interface can be used join this charm with an external neutron-api server. If this is done
then this charm will shutdown its neutron-api service and the external charm will be registered as the
neutron-api endpoint in keystone. It will also use the quantum-security-groups setting which is passed to
it by the api service rather than its own quantum-security-groups setting.
If console access is required then console-proxy-ip should be set to a client accessible IP that resolves
to the nova-cloud-controller. If running in HA mode then the public vip is used if console-proxy-ip is set
to local. Note: The console access protocol is baked into a guest when it is created, if you change it then
console access for existing guests will stop working
Special considerations to be deployed using Postgresql
juju deploy nova-cloud-controller
juju deploy postgresql
juju add-relation "nova-cloud-controller:pgsql-nova-db" "postgresql:db"
juju add-relation "nova-cloud-controller:pgsql-neutron-db" "postgresql:db"
- (string) SSL key to use with certificate specified as ssl_cert.
- (string) Name of the NVP cluster configuration to create (grizzly only)
- (boolean) Enable verbose logging
- (string) This is uuid of the default NVP/NSX Transport zone that will be used for creating tunneled isolated Quantum networks. It needs to be created in NVP before starting Quantum with the nvp plugin.
- (string) Bridge interface to be configured
- (string) Username used to access rabbitmq queue
- (string) Virtual IP(s) to use to front API services in HA configuration. . If multiple networks are being used, a VIP should be provided for each network, separated by spaces.
- (string) Space delimited addresses of NVP/NSX controllers
- (string) Protocol to use when accessing virtual machine console. Supported types are None, spice, xvpvnc, novnc and vnc (for both xvpvnc and novnc)
- (int) The CPU core multiplier to use when configuring worker processes for Nova and Neutron. By default, the number of workers for each daemon is set to twice the number of CPU cores a service unit has.
- (boolean) If set to True, supporting services will log to syslog.
- (string) Comma-separated list of key=value sqlalchemy related config flags to be set in neutron.conf [database] section.
- (string) Netmask to be assigned to bridge interface
- (string) Database name for Neutron (if enabled)
- (string) SSL certificate to install and use for API ports. Setting this value and ssl_key will enable reverse proxying, point Nova's entry in the Keystone catalog to use https, and override any certficiate and key issued by Keystone (if it is configured to do so).
- (string) Default network interface to use for HA vip when it cannot be automatically determined.
- (string) Use quantum for security group management. . Only supported for >= grizzly.
- (string) Name of the external network for floating IP addresses provided by Neutron.
- (string) Network manager for the cloud; supports the following options . FlatDHCPManager (nova-network) (default) FlatManager (nova-network) Neutron|Quantum (Full SDN solution) . When using the Neutron option you will most likely want to use the neutron-gateway charm to provide L3 routing and DHCP Services.
- (float) The physical ram -> virtual ram ratio to use in the Nova scheduler. . Increasing this value will increase instance density on compute nodes at the potential expense of instance performance.
- (int) Server timeout configuration in ms for haproxy, used in HA configurations. If not provided, default value of 30000ms is used.
- (int) Default multicast port number that will be used to communicate between HA Cluster nodes.
- (string) The IP address and netmask of the OpenStack Public network (e.g., 192.168.0.0/24) . This network will be used for public endpoints.
- (string) IP to be assigned to bridge interface
- (string) Username to connect to NVP/NSX controllers with
- (string) Default network interface on which HA cluster will bind to communication with the other members of the HA Cluster.
- (string) The IP address and netmask of the OpenStack Admin network (e.g., 192.168.0.0/24) . This network will be used for admin endpoints.
- (int) Client timeout configuration in ms for haproxy, used in HA configurations. If not provided, default value of 30000ms is used.
- (string) Console keymap
- (boolean) Ensure required relations are made and complete before allowing services to be started . By default, services may be up and accepting API request from install onwards. . Enabling this flag ensures that services will not be started until the minimum 'core relations' have been made between this charm and other charms. . For this charm the following relations must be made: . * shared-db or (pgsql-nova-db, pgsql-neutron-db) * amqp * identity-service
- (string) Repository from which to install. May be one of the following: distro (default), ppa:somecustom/ppa, a deb url sources entry, or a supported Cloud Archive release pocket. Supported Cloud Archive sources include: cloud:precise-folsom, cloud:precise-folsom/updates, cloud:precise-folsom/staging, cloud:precise-folsom/proposed. Note that updating this setting to a source that is known to provide a later version of OpenStack will trigger a software upgrade.
- (string) Comma separated list of key=value config flags to be set in nova.conf.
- (string) This is uuid of the default NVP/NSX L3 Gateway Service.
- (string) Quantum plugin to use for network management; supports . ovs - OpenvSwitch Plugin nvp|nsx - Nicira Network Virtualization Platform/ VMware NSX Network Virtualization Platform (renamed for Icehouse) . This configuration only has context when used with network-manager Quantum|Neutron.
- (float) The per physical core -> virtual core ratio to use in the Nova scheduler. . Increasing this value will increase instance density on compute nodes at the expense of instance performance.
- (string) The IP address and netmask of the OpenStack Internal network (e.g., 192.168.0.0/24) . This network will be used for internal endpoints.
- (string) Username for Neutron database access (if enabled)
- (string) Database name
- (string) Comma-separated list of key=value sqlalchemy related config flags to be set in nova.conf [database] section.
- (string) OpenStack Region
- (string) Used by the nrpe-external-master subordinate charm. A string that will be prepended to instance name to set the host name in nagios. So for instance the hostname would be something like: juju-myservice-0 If you're running multiple environments with the same services in them this allows you to differentiate between them.
- (string) If console-access-protocol != None then this is the ip published to clients for access to console proxy. Set to local for the ip address of the nova-cloud-controller serving the request to be used
- (string) SSL CA to use with the certificate and key provided - this is only required if you are providing a privately signed ssl_cert and ssl_key.
- (string) Rabbitmq vhost
- (boolean) Enable debug logging
- (string) Password to connect to NVP/NSX controllers with
- (boolean) If True enables IPv6 support. The charm will expect network interfaces to be configured with an IPv6 address. If set to False (default) IPv4 is expected. . NOTE: these charms do not currently support IPv6 privacy extension. In order for this charm to function correctly, the privacy extension must be disabled and a non-temporary address must be configured/available on your network interface.
- (string) Username for database access
- (int) Default CIDR netmask to use for HA vip when it cannot be automatically determined.